|What We Wear at The Farnborough Academy||What We Do Not Wear at the Farnborough Academy|
|Blazer and tie||Plain black blazer with school logo
Black and gold stripe tie
|Plain black jacket|
|Shirt or blouse||Plain white with collar blouse
Cotton or polyester
Long or short sleeves
Tucked in at waist
|T Shirt Poloshirt Round collar
Coloured / Logoed tops / Polo shirts under shirts
|Trousers/Skirt||Black pleated school skirt
Black straight leg school trousers.
|Jumper/Cardigan||Black, embroidered with our school logo||Plain black jumper/cardigan|
|Coat||Warm and weatherproof
To be removed in lessons, registration and assembly
|An extra sweater or hoodie worn instead of a topcoat.
Any type of fur coat and faux fur
|Shoes||Plain Black Leather school shoe
Practical and safe style
Have a polishable upper
|Boots, canvas, suede or ‘Decorated’ black footwear
‘Decorated’ black shoes
|Socks, Tights||Plain black or natural tights
Black ankle socks
A single small plain stud in each ear
(on Health and Safety grounds)
- The wearing of baseball caps and ‘hoodies’ is not acceptable. These will be confiscated.
- Hair-styles / colours which draw undue attention to an individual are not acceptable.
- Makeup should be kept to a minimum and nail varnish is not allowed to be worn.
The school will be the final arbiter on what is deemed to be acceptable as school uniform.
- Naming of pupil property is important for clear identification if it is misplaced or lost
- In exceptional circumstances, where pupils are unable to wear correct school dress, parents are asked to provide a note for the form tutor to consider
PE Kit Requirements
|Trainers (not plimsolls)||Trainers (not plimsolls)|
|Black collared T-shirt with school crest||Black collared T-shirt with school crest|
|Black shorts||Black shorts|
|Black football socks||Black football socks|
|Black swimming trunks (above knee)||Black one-piece swimming costume and towel (Year 7 and GCSE PE pupils only)|
|Black rugby shirt (reversible amber band Around the Middle|
- Plain black sweatshirt and black tracksuit bottoms permitted in very cold weather with the PE teacher’s permission.
- Optional Farnborough Academy Hoodie available to purchase.
Boys and Girls
- No jewellery of any kind is to be worn for PE.
- No chewing is permitted during PE lessons.
Notes are expected when a child needs to be excused from a PE lesson. All pupils should bring their PE kit to every lesson so that they can still be involved in learning.
All pupils at The Farnborough Academy play Rugby, Football or Hockey at some point. On the grounds of health and safety we strongly advise that all pupils wear a gum shield and shin pads in these activities.